måndag 27 oktober 2014

Magpie and butterfly in one!

SO, I had a long list of stuff I wanted to paint, lots of it prepped and ready on the table. Veterans of Osgiliath for Dux Gondorum. Mars Attacks Soldiers and Heroes (I'll be buying suitable paint for the Martians this week). Two tanks for GuP. A Jeep for the LRDG project. Some Germans and Paras from CP Models for Market-Garden.

And what happens? I go to the local second-hand store and find a box of Riders of Rohan, still in shrink-wrap, for 100SEK, ie less than half price. And of course...


Well, I've had great fun so far building horses and riders and planning for the base work that will allow me to attach at least one extra hoof, thereby providing stability and strength.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Excellent, I look forward to a horse-painting tutorial. I have a couple for Dead Man's Hand that need painting.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Sometimes it is just too hard to resist a bargain.

    SvaraRadera
  3. That's the sort of deal that would stop me in my tracks as well. Be careful, though, as some of those horse models are rather fragile, and connect to their bases with only one plug. They can snap off above the hoof too easily for my liking.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yep, seen that happen. But I have a cunning plan...

      Radera