fredag 31 augusti 2018

They stand!

As promised last time, more titans from Adeptus Titanicus. I have built the first of the two titans in the core box and sprayed it with AP Gun Metal as I want the mechanical parts and everything I can't reach with a brush to at least look metallic. Next up is washing and painting the body before I start adding the various shields that cover most of the body of the finished titan. I also need to think about the base. The titan is just blu-tacked on right now and I want a basing that conveys the weight of this monster. Maybe a layer of clay, press the feet down into that, let it dry then flock and decorate?
Note that the entire project has been doen using Tamiya liquid cement meaning there was no filler or greenstuff used at all. GW has come a long way since the old "fill the gap with greenstuff until you can get the super glue to catch"-days.

Next to the titan is the first Knight. Also lots of fun to build and I really llok forward to painting three of them as a unit. The AT box was the most expensive hobby item I have bought in my life but I feel that I am getting value for my money.




5 kommentarer:

  1. Nice. I look forward to playing with these at the club!

    SvaraRadera
  2. "I want a basing that conveys the weight of this monster. Maybe a layer of clay, press the feet down into that, let it dry then flock and decorate?" Vallejo basing paste, slather a thick layer on the base and press in the miniature while it's still wet. Should do the trick. Check Sorastro's videos.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Ser riktigt bra ut och figurerna ser minst sagt hotfulla ut.Ser fram emot att se allt färdigbyggt och med scenografi. Real nice indeed. :)

    SvaraRadera