torsdag 9 augusti 2018

Back among the living (dead)

It turns out my last post was made in January and it is now August. Well, I do have an excuse. My intestines started acting up again (Crohn's disease for those of you keeping score) and I basically lost the ability to eat solids. Loss of weight, energy and motivation followed by major surgery and recovery that is still ongoing.

All this time was not wasted, however. I have been doing some painting that will be revealed later. I have also been doing a bit of gaming. The new hotness at the Club is What A Tanker from TooFatLardies. Best fun we've had in ages, it's even kicked Zombicide off the top position.



Based on the one game we've had so far, Zombicide will be reclaiming it's position during the winter. Green Horde really is a whole different game using the old familiar mechanics.





All was not bad. Recovery from the surgery started during the most lovely spring I have ever seen and orders from the doctor were "Eat as much as you can and move as much as you're able"


So I did.



After my second game of WaT I knew this was the game I had been waiting for, the one that would allow me to play Girls Und Panzer on the table top. Of course I needed tanks that look the part...





And finally, two clips of local wild life, captured during long walks on warm summer nights.




6 kommentarer:

  1. Great to hear from you Thomas, although sorry that things have not been great. It does sound as if you are on the mend and certainly still enjoying the hobby!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Catching up on old comment. Good news, I am back in rude health, good enough to work far too much and miss out on blogging. Better news, the renewd energy gave the hobby stuff a boost as well and I have things to put on the blog soon.

      Radera
  2. Attans bananer. Låter inte kul alls att du mått dåligt.Kistan ska man vara rädd om.Plus dock att komma ut i skog och mark.Krya på dig kompis.What a tanker seems like a nice game and I have been looking at this since its release.Is it a tank against tank or platoon-size-game or big-clash-game?Very nice to see your furry "homies" on moving picture. ;)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Ett så jävla försenat svar och tack, men det kom iaf.
      Har spelat åtskilligt med WaT sen sist och det blir bara roligare. Köp om du inte gjort det.

      Radera
  3. Welcome back to blogging!
    I saw my tummy on the top pic, and can only agree with WaT being a great game. Also those games of Green Horde was fun, and I have a box of zombie-wolves on the painting table for even more Zombicide-fun.
    Looking forward to lots of gaming this autumn!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Five months late I go through my comments...and find you talking ab out the zombie wolves that will be on the table for the first time tonight! That must be a good omen.

      Radera