torsdag 24 mars 2016

Việt Nam Độc Lập Đồng Minh Hội

That's "League for the Independence of Vietnam" or Viet Minh to you and me, the nationalist (later communist) movement for the unity and independence of Vietnam.

This is a mix of TAG and FNG (former Red Star) miniatures. The TAG ones are actually from their VietCong range so probably the sons of the VietMinh fighters they are being used as here, but the weapons and clothing work for this period too.

In my last post I added a French song from the period. My French is bad, but my Viet is non-existent, so I'll go with a French tune for the Viets too. It is actually fitting as this song was played over the radio by the VietMinh the night before the final assault on Dien Bien Phu. The irony was not lost on the French defenders, some of whom were old Resistance fighters.


1 kommentar: