onsdag 12 februari 2014

My very first commission job!

Two of my friends play FoG:R and needed some markers to indicate the presence of light guns with their units. We agreed that using 6mm guns from Baccus placed in front of the 15mm figures might work and they asked me to paint and base them. Here is the result. I have used brightly coloured flock to simulate flowers. I don't know if it worked or not and I'll cover it up if Fredrik and Fredric don't like it.

Well here we go:







So, let's hear it from you readers: did it work? At all? Sort of? On some bases?


8 kommentarer:

  1. They work well, but the two bases with blue flowers look a little bit too regular as though they have been planted by someone.

    Nice idea about using 6mm guns for these markers.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi Tamsin. I acually value your opinion especially highly, since with any luck you will be looking at the business end of these sometime in the coming year. The Two Freds met some CLWC folks at Britcon last year and hope to go again this year.

      As for the blue, I was trying for the effect you get when flowers grow in a ditch, but you are right, it looks planted. I'll add some more grass and see if I can help to look a it.

      Radera
  2. I think those look pretty good. That is a clever idea for a marker. How do they look next to the 15mm minis?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hi Chris
      I will get you some pics when we get them on the table. I don't have any 15mm figures to compare with. Well, I do, but they are Essex Vikings and Eureka Indo-China and I have no idea how they match up to the usual 15mm GNW/ECW/TYW figures.

      Radera
  3. I like the flower effect, glad they have come in useful

    Ian

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It will not be the last base they appear on, I promise you that.

      Radera
  4. I actually quite like it, and may steal your idea. But not for my Winter War Finns ;-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Steal away. But you are right about Winter War, they would not look right for 28mm!

      Radera